POST TITLE: Midday Supervisory Assistant
SALARY SCALE: Scale A
HOUR PER WEEK: 7.50 hours
WEEKS PER YEAR: 38 weeks – Term time only
REQUIRED FOR: 4th January 2021
The Flourish Federation is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Midday Supervisory Assistant to work at North Elmham Primary School.
The hours will be from midday to 1.30 pm daily, Monday to Friday. The position includes supervision of our pupils during the school lunch break, both whilst they are eating their lunch and then for a period of either indoor or outdoor play. The role will also include some setting up of the lunchtime areas and some cleaning after the lunch break has ended.
We are seeking to appoint a colleague who:
- Enjoys working with children and preferably has some experience in a similar setting or experience from a voluntary role
- Has a calm and caring nature but is able to be firm and encourage children to demonstrate acceptable behaviour during the lunch break
- Demonstrates they can promote and lead positive play during the school lunch break
- Is flexible in their approach and able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team, whilst following the school’s policies and procedures
- Can show initiative and will ensure the safety of pupils at all times
- is willing to undertake training as required, attend necessary meetings and contribute to the positive ethos of our school
If applicants would like to discuss the position available, please telephone the school office.
The school is committed to the protection and safety of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an appropriate Enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Mrs Julie Brown, Executive Administrative Manager
The closing date for applications is 10.00 am on 30th November 2020
Interviews will be held during early December 2020