SALARY SCALE: Scale C
HOUR PER WEEK: 19 hours
WEEKS PER YEAR: 39 weeks – Term time plus 1 week
REQUIRED FOR: As soon as possible in November 2022
The Flourish Federation is looking to appoint an Early Years Practitioner to work within the Nursery setting at Stibbard All Saints CEVA Primary & Nursery School.
The role will be based in the Nursery room at Stibbard All Saints Primary School. The position will include supporting the children attending the Nursery setting and working with the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager to deliver a suitable programme of activities. The role will include acting as a keyworker for a small number of children and compiling a record of their development as well as involving parents/carers in their child’s progress.
The Nursery setting also provides before and after school care for the primary school pupils so working hours will be flexible between 7.30am and 5.00 pm.
The role will initially be until 31st August 2023 due to fluctuating pupil numbers but it may become permanent in due course.
We are seeking to appoint a colleague who:
- preferably has experience of working in an Early Years Setting; either a Nursery or within an Early Years classroom
- preferably has a suitable qualification (NVQ level 2 qualification or equivalent) or a childcare qualification
- preferably has an awareness of the Foundation Stage Curriculum and experience of using the online journal, Tapestry
- is enthusiastic and energetic and enjoys working with children and is able to demonstrate the ability to form positive and supportive relationships with both pupils and staff
- has good literacy and numeracy skills
- is able to use their initiative to support the learning needs of pupils under the direction of the Nursery Manager and deputy manager
- is calm and flexible in their approach and able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
- is willing to undertake training as required, attend necessary meetings and contribute to the positive ethos of our school
If applicants would like to discuss the position available, please telephone the Stibbard All Saints school office and select the option for the Nursery.
The school is committed to the protection and safety of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an appropriate Enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Mrs Julie Brown, Executive Administrative Manager
The closing date for applications is 16th November 2022 at 10.00 am
Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible after the closing date