SALARY SCALE: Scale D
HOURS PER WEEK: 32.50 hours per week over five days
WEEKS PER YEAR: 39 weeks – Term time + 1
REQUIRED FOR: September 2023
The Flourish Federation is looking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to work with a mixed year group class at North Elmham CEVA Primary School.
This role will include supporting children with their learning and development working under the direction of the class teacher. The successful candidate may be required to support groups of pupils or work on a one to one basis with pupils. The role will also include supporting and supervising children during the school lunch break. The working hours will be from 8.30 am to 3.30 pm, Monday to Friday with a half an hour lunch break. The role will be permanent.
We are seeking to appoint a colleague who:
- preferably has experience of working in a primary aged classroom, either with a mixed age range of key stage 1 or 2 pupils, and has experience of running intervention sessions with pupils.
- preferably has a suitable classroom support qualification (NVQ level 3 qualification or equivalent) or a childcare qualification
- is enthusiastic and energetic and enjoys working with children and is able to demonstrate the ability to form positive and supportive relationships with both pupils and staff
- has good literacy and numeracy skills
- is able to use their initiative to support both the learning and pastoral needs of pupils under the direction of the class teacher
- is calm and flexible in their approach and able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
- is willing to undertake training as required, attend necessary meetings and contribute to the positive ethos of our school
If applicants would like to discuss the position available, please telephone the school office.
We maintain friendly and safe learning environments, with Christian values at their core, in which all members of the school communities are able to grow as individuals, express themselves confidently and work together to achieve success and develop to their full potential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be prepared to undergo a number of checks to confirm their suitability to work with children. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. In accordance with the Department of Education’s “Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2021”, references will be sought on all short-listed candidates before interview. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Mrs Julie Brown, Executive Administrative Manager
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 15th September 2023
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 18th September 2023