POST TITLE: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
SALARY SCALE: Scale F
HOUR PER WEEK: 13 hours per week
WEEKS PER YEAR: 39 weeks – Term time + 1 week
REQUIRED FOR: As soon as possible
The Flourish Federation is looking to appoint an experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work between our two schools; Stibbard All Saints CEVA Primary and North Elmham CEVA Primary School.
The hours will be split equally over two days with one day based at Stibbard All Saints Primary and one day at North Elmham Primary. The role will include HLTA support in classrooms covering for the class teachers and supporting children with their learning and development, working under the direction of the class teachers. The successful candidate will also be required to supervise children for half an hour during each school’s usual lunch break.
The working hours will be from 8.30 am to 3.30 pm over the two days, with a half hour lunch break.
The role will be temporary until 31st August 2021 initially due to the needs of the current pupils but may become permanent in due course.
We are seeking to appoint a colleague who:
- Has a suitable HLTA qualification
- is able to use their initiative to support the learning needs of pupils
- is enthusiastic and energetic and enjoys working with children and is able to demonstrate the ability to form positive and supportive relationships with both pupils and staff
- is calm and flexible in their approach and able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
- Has experience of the use of appropriate interventions for children
- ● is willing to undertake training as required, attend necessary meetings and contribute to the positive ethos of our school
If applicants would like to discuss the position available, please telephone the Stibbard School office.
The school is committed to the protection and safety of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an appropriate Enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Mrs Julie Brown, Executive Administrative Manager
The closing date for applications is 10.00 am on 26th November 2020
Interviews will be held during the week beginning 30th November 2020