There has been a noticeable drop in temperature this week. We will continue to go out for our Welly Day sessions as they are so valuable for all of our children.
At school we have waterproof trousers, but please make sure that your child brings their wellies, has a warm coat, a hat, gloves and an extra pair of socks. It is the toes and the fingers which tend to get cold first!
We have many ways to keep warm, through keeping active, lighting fires and having a warm drink, but you can’t beat suitable clothing! Please be reassured that if I feel that children are getting too cold we will always come in to warm ourselves up.
Read how North Elmham and Flourish Federation approach science learning in the Footprints article, you can read the Footprints newsletter here
World Book Day is fast approaching and this year the vouchers will be sent out to you electronically.
The £1 book tokens can then be swapped for one of the new and completely free World Book Day books available from participating booksellers to get £1 off. To see which books are available this year visit:
- During the week, the children will be listening to stories via video or on various websites as directed by their class teacher.
- Across the Federation we will be instructing all children to write a book review on a book they have recently enjoyed with the aim to select some for our website.
- In addition, children are invited to take part in an ‘Extreme Reading Challenge’, where they can send in pictures of themselves reading in an unusual place, which we will collate and put on the website.
- Ifyour child would like to dress up as a book character that day, do take a photo and send it to their class teacher.
- 2pm Thursday 4th March Ms Jones will read a story across our Federation a zoom invite is being shared for this.
Enjoy reading! Get lost in a book or two or more!