POST TITLE: Relief Midday Supervisory Assistant(s)
SALARY SCALE: Scale A – £9.24 per hour
HOURS PER DAY: Zero hours’ contract – approx. 1.5 hours per day if needed
REQUIRED FOR: As soon as possible
The Flourish Federation is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Midday Supervisory Assistant to be available to cover in the event of sickness or other absence, at one or both of the schools within our Federation. The two schools within the Federation are Stibbard All Saints CEVA Primary School and North Elmham CEVA Primary School.
The hours could be between 11.30 am to 1.30 pm, Monday to Friday, and would be for around 1 ½ hours on any given day. We would ideally like to have someone we could call upon first thing in the morning to cover for an absent colleague on that day. This could be one person who is willing to work at either school or it could be someone who lives close to one of the schools and is often available around lunchtimes to support us.
The position includes supervision of our pupils during the school lunch break, and may include some time with them whilst they are eating their lunch and/or for a period of either indoor or outdoor play. The role may also include some setting up of the lunchtime areas and some cleaning after the lunch break has ended.
We are seeking to appoint a colleague who:
- Enjoys working with children and preferably has some experience in a similar setting or experience from a voluntary role
- Has a calm and caring nature but is able to be firm and encourage children to demonstrate acceptable behaviour during the lunch break
- Demonstrates they can promote and lead positive play during the school lunch break
- Is flexible in their approach and able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team, whilst following the school’s policies and procedures
- Can show initiative and will ensure the safety of pupils at all times, and is willing to undertake any training as required
If applicants would like to discuss the position available, please telephone either school office – Stibbard All Saints – 01328 829228 or North Elmham – 01362 668318
The school is committed to the protection and safety of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an appropriate Enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Application forms can be obtained from either school and completed forms should be sent to:
Mrs Julie Brown, Executive Administrative Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 10.00 am on 28th January 2022
Interviews will be held soon after this date