SALARY: Negotiable but minimum of £4.81 per hour would be paid
HOURS PER WEEK: Minimum of 30 hours per week
WEEKS PER YEAR: School term time plus one week
CONTRACT TERMS: The contract would be for the 15 months required to complete the Early Years Practitioner Level 2 qualification
REQUIRED FOR: September 2022
The Flourish Federation is looking to appoint an Apprentice Early Years Practitioner to work within the Nursery setting at Stibbard All Saints CEVA Primary & Nursery School. The welfare and interests of our children are at the centre of our practice and ethos. Our passion is to ensure each child reaches their full potential within a loving, nurturing, safe and stimulating nursery environment.
The position will include supporting the children attending the Nursery setting and working with the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager to deliver a suitable programme of activities. The role will include supporting existing staff with a small number of children and assisting in the compiling of records to document their development as well as involving parents/carers in their child’s progress.
The successful applicant will study for the Early Years Practitioner Level 2 award whilst carrying out their duties within the Nursery under the supervision of the Nursery manager and other staff.
The Nursery setting also provides before and after school care for the nursery and primary school pupils so working hours will be flexible between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm.
We are seeking to appoint a colleague who:
- Has a creative, fun and playful approach to learning reflected in your activities and can create a range of wonderful activities
- Must be passionate about developing young minds
- Is enthusiastic and proactive
- Has the ability to build strong supportive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Has a huge smile and arms that are great for cuddles
- Has good verbal and written communication skills
- ● Loves the outdoors and finds wonder in exploring the world around whilst supporting children with their curiosity to learn
- Works as part of a special team to create some fantastic, memorable days for our children
- Can demonstrate they have the commitment to learning and achieving the apprenticeship during the period of their employment.
Applicants should not hold a higher or equivalent level qualification, in the same or similar subject, than the one advertised. If applicants would like to discuss the position available, please telephone the Stibbard All Saints school office and select the option for the Nursery.
The school is committed to the protection and safety of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an appropriate Enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Mrs Julie Brown, Executive Administrative Manager
The closing date for applications is 20th July 2022 at 9.00 am
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date